Real Estate Sales and Leasing
A Real Estate consultation is unique because it’s a process of preparing a property for a new owner, rather than creating an environment that will support and comfort the current owners. With real estate, I focus on flow and helping the owner energetically disconnect from the property, while creating space for someone else. Sometimes people sell a home to move on to something better and other times there’s a hardship to overcome. Additionally, a realtor may be anxious about their part of the transaction and if a property is on the market for longer than they think is appropriate, they may become anxious or obsessed, especially if they feel like the owner isn’t fully participating. I work with energy every day and have come to realize that all aspects of a real estate sale hinge on one essential: optimizing the opportunity for the house to send out it’s energetic magnet to its new owner. Sometimes, in spite of the condition, location or price of the property, a new owner will be attracted to it. They connect to it on a deep level. Most property owners have purchased that property because of an emotional attraction. It’s equivalent to when you meet someone with whom you find an instant connection. There are other times when a seemingly perfect property languishes on the market, creating stress for the seller and the realtor. It becomes a perfect storm of emotions…and whatever energy is sent into the universe will generally be returned in kind. I believe that there’s a perfect match for every property and sometimes “divine time” defines when that right match happens. Nonetheless, optimizing the opportunity for that to happen is what I do and I’ll share some of that with you.
Creating the right environment boosts the vibration of the property. Here are some things that can accomplish this if the seller is occupying the property:
- The seller should be able to easily move out on short notice.
- Remove ALL personal items from view…photos, everyday use items, etc. Anything that connects to the seller’s personal story should be packed up.
- Pack up all but necessary items to get by for 2-3 weeks and store them off site, if possible. The Seller should feel like they’re camping in someone else’s home for a limited period of time. Closets and cupboards that are crammed full will look smaller than they actually are and energetically project, “I’m already full…there’s no space for anyone else.”
- Furnishings, art & accessories should be edited down to what is absolutely necessary to give a sense of scale and to open the space.
- Art should be innocuous, decorative pieces…nothing controversial or personal. The art, like the furniture, should not distract from the architecture.
- Clean, clean, clean! Everything should be spotless.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and repair/remove/replace anything that’s broken.
- House numbers should be visible from the street and the front entry should be well lighted, visible, in good repair, clean & tidy.
- Remove/thin overgrowth that obscures the front door or the house as well as any dead or struggling plants. Avoid pointy plants near the entry.
- Exterior lighting should be in good repair and provide adequate lighting up to and within the entry. All areas around the outside of the property should be clean and all waste receptacles out of sight. Remove excess outdoor furnishings and accessories, as well as those in poor repair.
While not an exhaustive list, these are some general guidelines for preparing a physical space for selling or leasing. Whether I work with the owner directly or through a realtor, I provide a complete report of specifics that need to be done to enhance the attraction of the new owner. When working directly with the seller I help them through a series of exercises devised to disconnect their energy from the property and open it to another owner or tenant. I do this because their attachment can be a deterrent, even if they think they are ready to move forward. Helping them “cut cords” and emotionally divorce the property is a profound experience. If you or someone you know is selling or leasing a property, contact me for a fully personalized professional assessment.
For more information about Real Estate consultations visit here.
If you’re a realtor and want to schedule a class for your group, send me an email with information about your group size and location to begin a dialog. We can schedule a Master Class in your office or a meeting room.